To be able to watch back and export video recordings from the Calex App as .MP4 files, proceed as follows:
- Start in the 'My Home' tab.
- Tap the camera in question to open the settings menu.
- Maximise the 'options window' by tapping this symbol at the bottom right:
- Tap the Playback button with this symbol:
- A timeline appears showing the entire recording, if you have selected 'continuous recording', or the individual fragments if you have enabled 'recording case' in the camera menu settings.
- By moving the timeline under the pointer (blue line), you can go to the right time to view the captured recording.
- Enlarge or shrink the timeline by making a reverse pinch with two fingers (Pinching). This way you can move through your recordings/clips more precisely.
Exporting a video recording
- If you want to export a recording for viewing on another device, slide the timeline under the pointer (blue line) to the beginning of the section you want to export.
- Tap the record/camera icon to start recording.
Once the recording has started, the camera icon turns orange and a timer starts running with a red blinking dot:
- Tap the orange camera icon to stop recording.
- Once the recording has stopped, you get a confirmation that the video has been saved to the 'My album' folder on the phone you used to record it and you get a pop-up notification to open the album (See album).
'My album' can also be accessed from the 'options window' by tapping Gallery.
- In the opened album, tap the corresponding exported video after which it opens in a playback screen. Here you can play, delete or share/send the video.
- Tap the send icon in the bottom right corner to share/send the video.
Then choose your personal app to which you want to send the video as an .MP4 file.
- Some sharing apps cause the Calex app to be moved to the background, make sure the Calex app is active again after exporting.
- Tap the arrow symbol (<) at the top left 4 times to return to the 'My Home' tab.