The most common caps are E14, E27 and GU10. ‘E’ stands for ‘Edison’ and the number for the diameter in millimeters. For ceiling spots, GU10 is the most common fitting. Desktop lamps and small fixtures usually fit E14 caps and standard lamps or fixtures use E27 (typically called a normal fitting). The fitting your lamp has is always indicated on the box.
Articles in this section
- My LED lamp is blinking; what to do?
- What do the symbols on Calex packaging mean?
- Which transformer should you use for LED lighting?
- Which dimmer should be used in combination with LED lighting?
- Compatibility of dimmers and lamps
- Energy consumption of a LED lamp
- Outdoor use of lamps
- How do I know which cap my fixture has?
- How long is the warranty period on Calex products?
- Can a LED Dimmer be used for every lamp?